Short History

Short History of Venice Bible Church

  • The first meeting was held on January 11, 1959 in a storefront at 270 South Tamiami Trail on the corner of Milan Ave. and U.S. 41 in Venice, across the street from the Clock Restaurant.
  • The church was formally incorporated in 1963 with thirty-one charter members.
  • On June 5, 1966 the first service was held on Shamrock Drive.
  • The new worship center on Shamrock Drive was completed on June 12, 1983.
  • The Shamrock property was sold on August 15, 2018 to begin our next chapter. We are currently meeting at Venice Christian School preparing to move to our property in West Villages.
  • Pastors who served at VBC include:

Paul Kreft                    1959-1962

Byron Richardson        1962-1964

Bernard Ward             1964-1966

Byron Richardson        1967-1968

Raymond Rose            1968-1975

Pops (Paul) Morrison  1975-1976

Dave Krueger              1976-1980

Ron Schmidt                1980-1989

Jon Edwards                1990-1996

Anthony Plummer       1996-2004

Richard Hart                2004-2006

Philip P. Schmunk       2006-2013

Brett Brooks                2013-2015

Scott Hill                        2015-2019

Brett Brooks                2019-present

  • The current Elders of VBC:

Brett Brooks                941-882-2505

Doug Finch                   585-747-4062

Dave Mattson              941-493-8431

Jim Mohnkern             814-726-0672

Stan Olson                   941-460-6135

Jerry Smith                  941-492-2963

Contact a pastor or elder by E-mail at vbc@vbcfl.com or call the church office at 941-493-2788.

Connect with us

Contact us or share a prayer request.

Weekly Church Bulletin